Sunday, May 25, 2014

First Things First ...

Hello Everyone!

First:
Thank you for taking the time to read this. I know there are a lot of blogs out there especially one's pertaining to transgender people and/or issues.

Second:
This blog is going to be a place for me to express/vent whatever may be on my mind.  Positive experiences ... negative experiences ... and everything in-between.

I guess since this is the first post I should introduce myself to everyone out there.

I'm in my early forties and I came out to myself in August 2013, then came out to my wife in September 2013. Coming out to myself was a challenging and amazing thing.  It happened one night as I was starting to fall asleep.  I realized that I wasn't getting any older and thoughts of transition have been running in and out of my brain since I was a teen in some form or another.  Some of the thoughts I had growing up range from a strong desire to transition to a small almost non-desire to transition.  Basically I went from thinking that I was a full transsexual to just a closet cross dresser.  It was a rough journey trying to figure out how my gender fit into my life and society.

Coming out to my wife was a bit of a challenge, but she is an open minded individual that it really only took her a few weeks to wrap her head around the thought.  Don't get me wrong she had some ups and downs about it, but in the end she has been 100% supportive and encouraging and I know I could not do this without her love and support.

In February/March 2013 I came out to my family and very close friends via a letter.  Not an email. Not a Facebook note or post but an actual physical letter delivered by the USPS.  It was weird to print out and sign all of them but it was a very therapeutic experience and I would not give anything to change it.  The response was overall supportive with only a few (about 4%) of my family/friends not understanding or "getting" it.  To them I wish them well with no anger or remorse.  They need to live their lives and I need to live mine.

On April 2, 2013 I posted a video on Facebook coming out to the rest of my friends.  Here is that video.


Thanks again for reading/watching!
Catch you at the next post!

Hugs
Sabrina

No comments:

Post a Comment